Search This Blog
Monday, 6 July 2020
Bricolage Podcast #59 - See Blue
We've managed to procure a very special guest for our July podcast session. We've coaxed Matthew Duffield (of Sedition DJs fame) out of an extended mix hiatus.
Matthew is head of the, Barcelona based, See Blue Audio imprint. An ambient leaning label that focuses on "shade rather than light". The label is still in its infancy but is slowly growing and evolving its roster.
This mix, as you can imagine, is rooted in the ambient genre. Over the course of 80 mins we are taken on a journey that showcases the broad depth of the genre. The beats are few and far between but when they do make an appearance they make an impact. There's glistening synths, peaceful guitar soundscapes, layers of field recordings, ethereal vocals, segments of haunting world/ethnic music and it's all topped off with sounds from over a century ago via the year 1919. The session is cut together like a vintage mixtape for added appeal. One for the headphones.
As always, you can listen below or at our mixcloud.
01. David Cordero - Lola esperando a Mario
02. Space Afrika - Judge
03. Yaard - Vitamin C Blues
04. Silent Poets - Distant Memory
05. Andrew Tuttle - Tallowwood View
06. Bibio - Crocus
07. Wayne Phoenic - Mood
08. Niño de Elche & David Cordero - Decansa
09. Space Afrika - You or Me
10. Symmetry - A Sort of Homecoming
11. Symmetry - Mind Games
12. Nurse With Wound - Rock 'n Roll Station
13. Space Afrika - Dairyday4
14. Low - Fly (King Britt's Fhloston Paradigm remix)
15. Jik - Przejście
16. Wayne Phoenix - Home
17. Mary Lattimore - Baltic Birch (Paul Corley remix)
18. Plinth - The Musgrave Ritual
19. Amelita Galli-Curci - Crepuscule
20. Wayne Phoenix - Death is Pure Objectivity
21. Mink Freud - Hawksmoor